message is being issued for Ardonachie, Bessiebelle, Breakaway Creek, Condah Mission, Homerton, Knebsworth, Lake Condah, Macarthur, Milltown, Myamyn
- There is a 6370 Ha bushfire at Budj Bim National Park (formerly Mount Eccles) that is contained.
Budj Bim National Park remains closed for safety reasons. Unauthorised access to the park may result in prosecution.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning.
The next update is expected by 15/01/2020 11:00 am or
as the situation changes.
If you can see or smell smoke, please note:
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.