Advice - Fire
Lancaster, Wyuna East, Gillieston, Kyabram
1578977188000Yesterday at 3:46 PM
message is being issued for Gillieston, Kyabram, Lancaster, Wyuna East
- There is a haystack fire in McKenzie Road Lancaster.
- This fire is under control and firefighters have left the scene.
- This will be monitored for the next 48 hours by the landholder and so smoke will continue to be seen from nearby roads and communities.
is currently no threat to the community, but you should continue to stay
informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- If you are sensitive to smoke or
you live with someone who is sensitive to smoke you should close windows and
doors. Turn off heating and cooling systems.
prevent the smell of smoke entering your home or business you should close
windows and doors.
Impacts in your area:
- Emergency Services may return to monitor this fire over the next couple of days as well.
This message was issued
by Country Fire Authority
The next update is expected by 15/01/2020 03:50 pm or as the situation changes.
- If you need medical advice for exposure to smoke, seek medical
advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- Smoke can affect people’s health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children,
pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of
breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma)
should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.