Monitor changes to the situation.
There is currently no threat to you, but you should plan for what you will do if the situation changes.
Impacts in your area:
- The Princes Highway is currently closed from Orbost to the NSW border.
- The Monaro Highway is closed from Cann River to the NSW border.
Register Find Unite:
People who live in the affected communities are encouraged to register with the Red Cross at Register.Find.Reunite even if you have left the area. https://register.redcross.org.au/
or by calling 1800 727 077.
Essential community needs can be reported to Orbost ICC by phoning 5761 1361, 5761 1319 or texting 0427 425 392.
Bushfire affected residents seeking emergency water relief should contact South East Water on 131 851.
This message was issued
by Forest Fire Management Victoria.
The next update is expected by 15/01/2020 03:20 pm or
as the situation changes.
If you can see or smell smoke, please note:
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- For information on maintaining watertanks before, during and after bushfires go to Bushfires and Your Private Drinking Water
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.