Access to Corryong
- Access to Corryong is via the Murray Valley Highway ONLY. All other access routes in the area will not be open.
- Residents can only access properties if they can be accessed directly from the Murray Valley Highway or are located in the Corryong township.
- Residents must provide photo ID and proof of residency to access Corryong.
- For essential supplies and services, evidence of legitimate reason to travel must be provided in the form of invoice or similar.
- Police are enforcing the speed limit.
Multiple other closures for roads connecting to the Murray Valley Highway remain in place in fire affected areas, as they have not been deemed safe.
The following roads remain closed:
Walwa to Corryong Road
Guys Forest Road
From: Murray River Road, Burrowye To: Shelley-Walwa
Road, Guys Forest
Shelley-Walwa Road (C547)
From: Murray Valley Highway, Shelley To: Church
From: Guys Forrest Road, Burrowye To: Murray Valley
Cudgewa Valley Road (C548)
From: Murray Valley Highway, Cudgewa to: Murray River
Benambra-Corryong Road (C545)
From Benambra to Colac Colac
Murray River Road (C546, C542)
From: Guys Forest Road To: Cudgewa Valley Rd
Current Information on road closures is available on the
VicTraffic website (traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/) or call 13 11 70 for road
Fires in this area have the potential to grow if weather conditions change.