message is being issued for Omeo, Swifts Creek, Brookville, Cassilis, Cobungra, Bindi, Benambra, Ensay, Tambo Crossing and surrounding communities.
There are numerous large uncontrolled bushfires burning around the Tambo Valley, Benambra and Cobungra areas.
Today firefighters are working to consolidate control lines:
- along the east side of Angora Range, west of Ensay;
- undertake tree hazard work to finalise the construction of control lines on South Escarpment Track and Upper Little River Road, Bindi.
- continue private property protection works along Cassilis Road.
- continue preparation works for burning out at Zig Zag, Mount Phipps and Groves Gap Roads.
- burning out preparation works from Beloka to Limestone Road and begin control line construction from Beloka to Corryong Road.
- Smoke is limiting visibility, stock and wildlife maybe present on roads.
- Please turn on headlights, drive to conditions and do not bypass road closures.
- Smoke is affecting air quality; current information about air quality in your area is available at www.epa.vic.gov.au/EPAAirWatch.
This message was issued
by Forest Fire Management Victoria.
The next update is expected by 16/01/2020 09:30 am or
as the situation changes.
People in affected areas are encouraged to register with the Red Cross
at Register.Find.Reunite https://register.redcross.org.au/
or by calling 1800
727 077. Use Register to let people know you are safe. Use Find to
look for people you know may be affected by an emergency.
is a relief centre at Bairnsdale Football Pavilion, 40 Macarthur Street,
Bairnsdale relief centre has a range of facilities and services available
including: meals, showers, temporary accommodation, free wifi, first aid
and medical advice.
is also space for caravans, camper vans and tents.
East Gippsland Shire Council customer service centre is at 24 Service Street,
Bairnsdale. There is a representative from the Insurance Council to
assist affected property owners with their insurance claim.
- The recovery hotline number is 1800 100 298
you are concerned or need advice about livestock you should contact
Agriculture Victoria on 1800 226 226. This message service is
stock disposal enquiries please contact East Gippsland Shire.
are accepting fodder donations and coordinating requests for fodder 1300
88 28 33 firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can see or smell smoke, please note:
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.