Advice - Fire
Rocky Point, Cathcart, Denicull Creek, Maroona, Moyston
1579043325000Yesterday at 10:08 AM
message is being issued for Cathcart, Denicull Creek, Maroona, Moyston, Rocky Point
- This Advice message replaces the Advice message issued at 6.59pm yesterday.
- There is a grassfire at Mt Ararat Rd, Cathcart that is under control.
- Firefighters are continuing to respond to this fire.
There is currently no threat to you, but you should stay informed and
What you should do:
- Keep the roads clear so emergency
services can respond.
Impacts in your area:
- Smoke may be visible from nearby roads and communities.
This message was issued
by Country Fire Authority.
The next update is expected by 16/01/2020 10:00 am or
as the situation changes.
For more information on preparing for grass fires visit: www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/grassfires-rural.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek
medical advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions
(including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are more
sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung
conditions (including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.