Advice - Health
1596162753000Last Friday at 12:32 PM
message is being issued for Victoria
- This message replaces the Advice issued on Tuesday 28th July 2020.
- Further changes are occurring to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). We ask all Victorians to play their part in the coronavirus response.
- You can find more information about these changes here.
- Restrictions are in place which require everyone in Victoria to limit their interactions with others to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). These restrictions are based on where you live.
- From 11:59pm on 30 July further restrictions are in place for people who live in the City of Greater Geelong and the Shires of Colac Otway, Golden Plains, Moorabool, Surf Coast and the Borough of Queenscliffe. If you live in this area, you will no longer be able to have visitors to your home or visit others in their homes.
- You can check your requirements by visiting "Victoria's restriction levels"
Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- It is important that everyone with coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, however mild, gets tested and stays at home until you receive your test results.
- Those who test positive and their close contacts must isolate for 14 days. Stay at home. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste.
- A full list of testing sites can be found here.
Continue to take the following actions to reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection to yourself and the community by:
- Continuing to keep 1.5 metres between each other.
- Practising good hygiene.
- Limiting your time away from home.
- Stay home if you feel at all unwell.
Face coverings in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire
- If you live in metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire you must wear a face covering if you need to leave home for one of the four permitted reasons.
- There are lawful reasons for not wearing a face covering and information on these reasons can be found here.
- The fine for not wearing a face covering is $200.
Face coverings in the rest of Victoria
- Currently if you live in other parts of Victoria it is recommended you wear a face covering when you leave home and are in situations where it is difficult to maintain physical distance of 1.5 metres between yourself and others. However, if you enter metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire, you must wear a face covering.
- From 11:59pm on Sunday 2 August everyone in Victoria will need to wear a face covering when they leave home, unless they have a lawful reason.
If you feel unwell or have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Get tested as soon as possible.
- Self-isolate at home until you receive your test results. Stay at home. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.
- Full details of restrictions are found here.
- Actions that Victorians and employers can take are available here.
Protect your health:
Help protect other people's health:
- Information on visiting loved ones and/or providing care services are available here.
- All travellers arriving at Victorian airports or maritime ports from overseas, will go into immediate quarantine for 14 days. For more information use this link.
This message was issued by Department of Health and Human Services
The next update is
expected by 03/08/2020 04:00 pm or as the situation changes.
following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during
access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450
(freecall) and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.
- Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources are available here.
you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment
contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to
call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.