Advice - Health
message is being issued for Victoria
- This message replaces the Advice issued on Thursday 3rd September 2020.
- Restrictions are in place which require everyone in Victoria to limit their interactions with others to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). These restrictions are based on where you live.
Current Restrictions: metropolitan Melbourne
Current Restrictions: Rest of Victoria
Face coverings: Whole of Victoria
- Every person 12 years and older living in Victoria must wear a face covering when they leave home information on this can be found here.
- There are lawful reasons for not wearing a face covering and information on these reasons can be found here.
- The fine for not wearing a face covering is $200.
Continue to take the following actions to reduce the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19) infection to yourself and the community by:
- Wear a face covering when you leave your home
- Practise good hygiene and regularly and thoroughly wash your hands.
- Maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others.
If you feel unwell or have any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19):
- Get tested as soon as possible.
- Self-isolate at home until you receive your test results. Stay at home. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.
Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- It is important that everyone with coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, however mild, gets tested and stays at home until you receive your test results.
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are
fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat,
shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell
- Those who test positive and their close contacts must isolate for 14 days. Stay at home. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste.
- A full list of testing sites can be found here.
- Actions that Victorians and employers can take are available here.
Protect your health:
Help protect other people's health:
- Information on visiting loved ones and/or providing care services are available here.
- All travellers arriving at Victorian maritime ports from overseas, will go into immediate quarantine for 14 days.
- International air travel into Victoria is currently suspended.
- For more information use this link.
This message was issued by Department of Health and Human Services
The next update is
expected by 17/09/2020 05:00 pm or as the situation changes.
following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during
access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450
(freecall) and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.
- Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources are available here.
you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment
contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to
call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.