message is being issued for Victoria
- This message replaces the Advice issued on Monday 28th September 2020.
- Restrictions are in place which require everyone in Victoria to limit their interactions with others to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). These restrictions are based on where you live.
Current Restrictions: metropolitan Melbourne
- Restrictions are in place across metropolitan Melbourne.
- Business and industry restrictions. Unless an exception applies, only Permitted Work Premises may operate with on-site operations during the restricted activity period in the Restricted Area, and only to the extent permitted.
- Employers that require their staff to attend a work site must issue a worker permit to their employees - this is the employer’s responsibility.
Current Restrictions: Rest of Victoria
- Restrictions have eased as part of the Third Step toward COVID Normal. This means from 11:59pm on 16 September there are no restrictions on reasons to leave home or the distance you can travel across regional Victoria.
Face masks: Whole of Victoria
- Every person 12 years and older living in Victoria must wear a face mask when they leave home information on this can be found here.
- There are lawful reasons for not wearing a face mask and information on these reasons can be found here.
- The fine for not wearing a face mask is $200.
This message was issued by Department of Health and Human Services
The next update is
expected by 19/10/2020 05:00 pm or as the situation changes.
following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during
access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450
(freecall) and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.
- Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources are available here.
you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment
contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to
call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.