Advice - Health
message is being issued for Victoria
- This message replaces the Advice issued on Monday 9th November 2020.
- Last Step restrictions apply in Victoria. Restrictions apply to everyone in Victoria to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- For information on Last Step restrictions visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
- Every person 12 years and older living in Victoria must carry a face mask when they leave home. Information on this can be found here.
- Face masks are no longer required when you are outdoors and where it is possible to stay more than 1.5 metres away from people.
- You must wear a face mask when you are outdoors and unable to stay further than 1.5 metres away from people you don't live with.
- Face masks remain mandatory when indoors.
- There are lawful reasons for not wearing a face mask and information on these reasons can be found here.
- The fine for not wearing a face mask is $200.
As restrictions ease it is more important than ever that we act every day to keep ourselves and others safe. Take the following actions to keep yourself and the community safe:
- Stay safe by washing your hands regularly, wearing a face mask when you leave home, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 meters from others.
- Keep your friends and family safe by meeting outdoors. There is a lower risk of spreading corona virus (COVID-19) between people if you are outdoors.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) get tested and stay home:
- Get tested as soon as possible.
- Stay at home until you receive your test results. Don't go to work, school or shopping.
Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19)
- It is important that everyone with coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, however mild, gets tested and stays at home until you receive your test results.
- The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are
fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat,
shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell
- Those who test positive and their close contacts must isolate for 14 days. Stay at home. Don’t go to work, school or shopping.The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste.
- A full list of testing sites can be found here.
Protect your health:
- All travelers arriving at Victorian maritime ports from overseas, will go into immediate quarantine for 14 days.
- International air travel into Victoria is currently suspended.
- For more information use this link.
This message was issued by Department of Health and Human Services
The next update is
expected by 08/12/2020 05:10 pm or as the situation changes.
following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during
access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450
(freecall) and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.
- Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources are available here.
you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment
contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to
call the coronavirus (COVID-19) hotline.