Community Update - Fire
Moolort, Baringhup, Baringhup West, Carisbrook
1547164401000Yesterday at 10:53 AM
This is an updated message
being issued for Baringhup, Baringhup West, Carisbrook, Moolort
- There is a large haystack fire on Baringhup Road near the corner of Hurses Lane at Carisbrook.
- The haystack fire is contained and will continue to burn for the next two days.
- Smoke will be visible from nearby roads and communities.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Country Fire Authority
situation changes, this will be the last message issued for this fire.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions
(including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: