Advice - Fire
1549903182000Today at 3:39 AM
message is being issued for Sydenham
- There is a house fire in Beaumont Court.
- The fire is now contained.
is currently no threat to the community, but you should continue to stay
informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- Keep the roads clear so emergency services can respond.
- If you are sensitive to smoke or you live with someone who is sensitive to smoke you should close windows and doors. Turn off heating and cooling systems.
- To prevent the smell of smoke entering your home or business you should close windows and doors.
Impacts in your area:
- The following road is closed: Beaumont Court.
- Emergency Services will remain in the area.
- Traffic in the area may be affected.
This message was issued
by Metropolitan Fire Brigade
The next update is expected by 12/02/2019 06:40 am or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma),
children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of
breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.