Community Update - Fire
Fumina, Fumina South, Icy Creek, Tanjil, Tanjil Bren, Toorongo, Vesper
1552352045000Last Tuesday at 11:54 AM
is being issued for Fumina, Fumina South, Icy Creek, Tanjil, Tanjil Bren, Toorongo, Vesper
- The fire is currently 131 hectares and approximately 3.5 km north east of Icy Creek.
- Hazardous tree works are almost complete and crews are continuing to black out in difficult terrain.
- Smoke may be visible from nearby communities and roads.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The next update is expected by 19/03/2019 11:30 am or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Please report any sick or injured wildlife on 5177 3200 so a wildlife officer can manage the animal. Don't approach or give water to injured animals. A wildlife offer has expertise and can assess what is required.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: