Advice - Fire
Avenel, Tarcombe, Whiteheads Creek
1552609431000Today at 11:23 AM
The bushfire at Avenel
is now safe.
All Clear replaces the Advice issued yesterday.
located within the warning area are now able to resume normal activities.
Impacts in your area:
- Communities may still see heavy machinery in the area whilst the Rehabilitation of some affected areas of the fire begins.
This message was issued
by Country Fire Authority
This will be the final message for this incident.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.