Monday 18th March 10am to 4pm
Tuesday 19th March 12pm to 4 pm
Wednesday 20th March 12pm to 4pm
Thursday 21st March 10am to 4pm
Friday 22nd March 12pm to 4pm
SUPPORT - RECOVERY ASSISTANCE
The Victorian Government Bushfire
Case Support Program is available for people significantly impacted by the
fires in Cardinia Shire, Baw Baw Shire, Latrobe City, Wellington Shire and East
Gippsland Shire. People can access a Case Support Worker through contacting
their local council, visiting one of the Bushfire Recovery Centres or by
telephone 1800 560 760.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma),
children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of
breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- For air quality updates visit: https://www.epa.vic.gov.au/EPAAirWatch
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
- Your water tank could be contaminated from debris, ash or fire retardant. You should disconnect the downpipes and re-connect when the roof has been cleaned. Boiling water does not remove fire retardant or other chemicals. If your water tank has been contaminated contact Latrobe City Health Officer 1300 367 700 for advice prior to using it for drinking water.
Please report any sick or injured wildlife on 5177 3200 so a wildlife officer can manage the animal. Don't approach or give water to injured animals. A wildlife officer has expertise and can assess what is required.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.