Community Update - Fire
Glen Valley, Glen Wills, Nelse
1575087711000Last Saturday at 3:21 PM
is being issued for Glen Valley, Glen Wills, Nelse
- There is a bushfire 3km north of Shannonvale that is not under control.
- Firefighting crews are building control lines around the fire and may undertake back-burning operations over the next week if the weather conditions are suitable.
- There was some increased fire activity on Friday, however this has now subsided due to favourable weather conditions.
- Smoke may be visible from nearby communities and roads.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
The next update is expected by 04/12/2019 03:30 pm or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: