Community Update - Fire
Murrindal, W Tree, Buchan, Butchers Ridge, Gelantipy, Wulgulmerang West
1575262035000Last Monday at 3:47 PM
is being issued for Buchan, Butchers Ridge, Gelantipy, Murrindal, W Tree, Wulgulmerang West
- While the bushfire 10 Km East Of W Tree continues to burn, cooler wet weather has reduced fire activity.
- Ground crews are continuing to build and maintain containment around this fire.
- Fire fighters are preparing to backburn in the southern sector of the fire, to the west of Murrindal subject to suitable weather conditions.
- Backburning is likely to produce smoke which may be visible from nearby communities and roads.
- Forest Roads in the vicinity of this fire are closed.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The next update is expected by 05/12/2019 09:00 am or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: