Community Update - Fire
Coral Bank, Eskdale, Granite Flat, Little Snowy Creek, Mitta Mitta, Mongans Bridge, Mount Elmo, Mullindolingong, Penny Flat, Tawonga, Kancoona, Mount Beauty, Running Creek, Tallandoon, Tawonga South, Upper Gundowring
1575325809000Yesterday at 9:30 AM
is being issued for Coral Bank, Eskdale, Granite Flat, Kancoona, Little Snowy Creek, Mitta Mitta, Mongans Bridge, Mount Beauty, Mount Elmo, Mullindolingong, Penny Flat, Running Creek, Tallandoon, Tawonga, Tawonga South, Upper Gundowring
- Fires continue to burn in the Mt Tawonga and Mt Elmo area. Up to 15 mm of rain fell across the fire ground Sunday night, which has helped fire fighters. But there is still fire burning.
- Aircraft and crews will continue to patrol the fire today.
- There will be limited smoke visible around your area.
- Heavy machinery will continue operating in the area.
- Forests, Tracks and Parks within the fire area remain closed. Please check Vic traffic and Parks Web for latest information.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The next update is expected by 09/12/2019 09:40 am or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: