Community Update - Fire
Bogong, Glen Wills, Mount Beauty, Sunnyside, Tawonga South, Falls Creek, Glen Valley, Mitta Mitta, Nelse, Tawonga
1575325732000Last Tuesday at 9:28 AM
is being issued for Bogong, Falls Creek, Glen Valley, Glen Wills, Mitta Mitta, Mount Beauty, Nelse, Sunnyside, Tawonga, Tawonga South
- Fire continues to burn in the area 15 Km Ssw Of Granite Flat.
- Around 18 mm of rain has fallen across the fire ground since Sunday night, which has helped our firefighters, but has not put the fires out.
- There will be limited smoke visible around your area.
- Fire grounds will continue to be monitored in the coming days.
- Heavy machinery will continue operating in the area.
- Forest, Parks and Tracks within the fire area remain closed. Please check Vic traffic and Parks Web for latest information.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The next update is expected by 09/12/2019 09:30 am or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: