Community Update - Fire
Dartmouth, Nariel Valley
1575325675000Last Tuesday at 9:27 AM
is being issued for Dartmouth, Nariel Valley
- The fire 3km South East of the Benambra-Corryong Road near Sassafras Gap is now under control.
- Up to 18 mm of rain has fallen across the fire ground since Sunday night which has made the access tracks unsafe to travel on.
- Crews will continue to monitor the fire ground today.
- Limited smoke will be visible from nearby communities and roads.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
The next update is expected by 09/12/2019 09:30 am or as the situation changes.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: