Community Update - Fire
Upper Buffalo Valley
1575341767000Last Tuesday at 1:56 PM
is being issued for Upper Buffalo Valley
- Two fires continue to burn in the Upper Buffalo Valley and Buffalo Divide that are not yet under control.
- Up to 30 mm of rain fell across the fire ground Sunday night, which has helped fire fighters, but there is still fire burning.
- Firefighters will continue to work on containing these fires, using heavy machinery and aircraft for several days, possibly weeks.
- Forests, Tracks and Parks in and around the fire area will remain closed to the public. (Link to Map)
There is no immediate threat to the surrounding communities and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Forest Fire Management Victoria
Unless the situation changes, this will be the last message issued for this fire.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: