Community Update - Fire
1575358744000Last Tuesday at 6:39 PM
is being issued for Simpson
- There is a haystack fire at Simpson.
- Haystack fires are not likely to
spread into grassland but do generate a lot of smoke.
- Firefighters are responding to this fire.
- Smoke may be visible from nearby roads and communities due to weather conditions causing smoke to linger.
There is no immediate threat to the community and
no action is required.
This message was issued
by Country Fire Authority
situation changes, this will be the last message issued for this fire.
If you can smell smoke, please note:
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with pre-existing health problems, heart or lung
conditions (including asthma), children, pregnant women and older people are
more sensitive to the effects of breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions
(including asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- If you need medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke,
seek medical advice or call Nurse
on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
If you cannot smell smoke you are not likely to be exposed
to smoke and it will therefore not affect you.
Use multiple sources to stay informed: