Advice - Fire
Cairnlea, St Albans South, Albion, Ardeer
1610585712000Today at 11:55 AM
message is being issued for Albion, Ardeer, Cairnlea, St Albans South
- There is a building fire on Ballarat Rd, Ardeer.
- The fire is under control.
- Smoke will be in the area while the fire is completely extinguished until 12:45pm
is currently no threat to the community, but you should continue to stay
informed and monitor conditions. Smoke will be seen in the area.
What you should do:
- Keep the roads clear so emergency services can respond.
- If you are sensitive to smoke or
you live with someone who is sensitive to smoke you should close windows and
doors. Turn off heating and cooling systems.
prevent the smell of smoke entering your home or business you should close
windows and doors.
Impacts in your area:
- Traffic in the area may be affected.
- Emergency Services will remain in the area.
This message was issued
by Fire Rescue Victoria
The next update is expected by 14/01/2021 01:00 pm or as the situation changes.
- If you need medical advice for exposure to smoke, seek medical
advice or call Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
- Anyone experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty
breathing should call Triple Zero (000).
- Smoke can affect people’s health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma), children,
pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of
breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including asthma)
should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.