Advice - Geo
1617695894000Last Tuesday at 5:58 PM
message has been issued for Angelsea
This Advice replaces the Advice issued on Saturday 13 March 2021.
- Until further notice, the beach below Demons Bluff is closed to the public due to the significant risk to human life associated with potential cliff collapse.
- Authorities have installed signage at all beach access points advising of the closure.
- The community is urged to adhere to the closure and avoid the area for their safety.
Stay informed. Stay away from the beach below Demons Bluff near Anglesea which has been closed for public safety due to further landslips in the area.
What you should do:
- Stay away from the impacted area to allow emergency services to help affected communities.
- Plan your trip in advance - Nearby alternative beaches include Anglesea, Point Roadknight and Point Addis.
- You should stay
informed by listening to emergency broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
Impacts in your area:
- The landslide and threat of further landslide has resulted in the beach below Demons Bluff near Anglesea being closed for public safety.
- Landslips are unpredictable and can occur without warning. The size of material that falls onto the beach can be very large, with rocks and debris a potentially fatal hazard.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The next update is expected
by 06/05/2021 11:00 am or as
the situation changes.
Use multiple sources to
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating
and Interpreting Service on 131
450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.