Type Status Location Last Updated
This Advice message is being issued for Victoria.

This is a standard and automated advice message. It has not changed since last issued on Saturday 10 April 2021.

Social gatherings
  • You can have up to 100 visitors to your home per day.
  • Up to 200 people can meet outdoors in a public area. 
  • Casinos, karaoke venues and nightclubs have changed from one person per four square metres, to one person per two square metres. This is in line with cafes, pubs and restaurants. 
  • More people are also allowed in indoor non-seated entertainment venues, with an increase from 50 per cent to 75 per cent capacity. 

  • Travellers to Victoria from other Australian states or territories or from New Zealand must apply for a Victorian Travel Permit.

Work, study and volunteering
  • More people are allowed to return to the office, with the 75 per cent cap of workers onsite removed.   

Hospitals and care facilities 
  • Face masks must be worn by visitors to hospitals and care facilities. 

Face masks 
  • You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home.
  • Face masks are no longer required in retail settings but are required:
    - on public transport, in commercial passenger vehicles such as taxis and ride share vehicles, and in tour vehicles
    - by visitors to a hospital.
    - by visitors at a care facility (while indoors)
    - on flights to and from Victoria 
    - at airports
    - if you are a diagnosed person, or a close contact of someone diagnosed with COVID-19, when leaving your home or accommodation for a permitted reason, such as to seek medical care or get tested
    - while awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test when leaving your home or accommodation for a permitted reason, such as to seek medical care (except as part of a surveillance or other asymptomatic testing program)
     - while experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.

  • It is recommended you wear a face mask when at a private gathering or when you cannot maintain 1.5 metres distance from other people. 
  • There are lawful reasons for not wearing a face mask, and information on these reasons can be found here. You do not have to carry proof of a lawful reason not to wear a face mask.     
Take the following actions to keep yourself and the community safe: 

  • If you are unwell you should get tested and stay at home.
  • Stay safe by washing your hands regularly, wearing a face mask when you leave home, coughing and sneezing into your elbow, and keeping at least 1.5 metres from others.
  • For information on actions you can take to stay safe visit how to stay safe
  • (https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/how-stay-safe-and-well-covid-19)
If you suspect you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) call the dedicated hotline: 1800 675 398.
Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) 
  • The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose or loss of sense of smell or taste.
  • Get tested (https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19) as soon as possible.
  • Stay at home (https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/getting-your-results-covid-19) until you receive your test results. Don't go to work, school or shopping.
  • Those who test positive and their close contacts must isolate for 14 days. Stay at home. Don't go to work, school or shopping.
  • A full list of testing sites can be found here (https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19).

Victorian Border Crossings: 
  • From 11:59pm on 26 February 2021, applying for a permit has been required to enter Victoria from anywhere in Australia or New Zealand. Apply for a permit at the Service Victoria website.
  • The permit system is based on a traffic light system which allows for areas across Australia and New Zealand to be designated as green, orange or red according to their risk.
  • The type of permit that you require will depend on where you have been.
  • When you apply for a permit you will be asked where you are coming from and where you have travelled to.
  • This is like a registration system and if you want to travel into Victoria you will need to let us know if you have recently been in a location which has been designated in a red, orange or green zone.  

International travellers:  
This message was issued by Department of Health.

The next update is expected by 08/05/2021 09:00 am or as the situation changes.

Stay informed:

The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
  • To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19)  hotline.
  • Translated coronavirus (COVID-19) resources are available here.
  • If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the coronavirus (COVID-19)  hotline.