What you should do:
- Floodwater is dangerous - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater and never allow children to play in floodwater.
- Stay away from waterways and storm water drains during and after heavy rain.
- Be aware that in fire affected areas, rainfall run-off into waterways may contain debris such as ash, soil,trees and rocks, and heavy rainfall increases the potential for landslides and debris across roads.
- Be prepared to act if your situation changes.
- You should stay informed by listening to emergency
broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
If you need to leave your home due to extreme
weather or flood, please do so. Follow your normal evacuation or relocation
plans in a COVIDSafe way.
If you are currently isolating or quarantining because you
have COVID-19, are a primary or secondary close contact, or are awaiting a
COVID-19 test result and need to relocate due to an emergency, move somewhere
safe as quickly as possible. Then call 1300 651 160 (available 24/7) and press
0 to let operators know that you have relocated.