What you should do:
Decide if you will evacuate if it becomes necessary.
If you need to leave your home because of flooding, follow your normal evacuation or relocation plans in a COVID safe way.
If you choose to leave:
- Remember to take
your pets, mobile phone, spare clothes and medications.
- Travel to the home of family or friends who are in a safe location, away from
- Be aware of any road closures when you leave.
If you are travelling:
- Do not enter
flooded areas. Turn around a find a safe alternative route.
aware of road hazards including mud, debris and damaged roads or bridges.
- Floodwater is dangerous - never
drive, walk or ride through floodwater.
If you stay or if it is unsafe to leave:
- Make sure you have enough
food, drinking water, medications and pet food to survive for 3-5 days in case
you become isolated.
- Use plugs, sandbags or household items to block
toilets, sinks and drains to stop sewerage backflow.
You should stay informed by listening to emergency broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
Emergency Services may not be able to help you if you decide to stay.