Advice - Geo
Rawson, Mount Buller, Woods Point and surrounding areas
1632292740000Yesterday at 4:39 PM
message is being issued for Rawson, Mount Buller, Woods Point and surrounding areas
- A 5.9 magnitude earthquake occurred at 9.15am, Wednesday 22 September.
- Since the initial
earthquake, multiple aftershocks have occurred near the epicentre.
- Aftershocks can
continue to occur for some time after the main earthquake, possibly for weeks to come.
- This Advice message replaces the Warning issued at 10.40am on Wednesday 21 September.
damage has occurred. Stay safe by avoiding damaged buildings, roadways and
bridges, and fallen trees.
earthquake related emergency assistance from the SES phone 132 500.
call Triple Zero (000) in a life threatening emergency.
What you should do:
If an aftershock occurs
- Drop to the ground.
- Take cover by getting under
a sturdy table or other piece of furniture.
- Hold on until the shaking
- You should stay
informed by listening to emergency broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
- If you have experienced damage to your property - have your building inspected by an authorised builder and your utilities by an authorised technician.
Impacts in your area:
The earthquake has
This message was issued
by State Emergency Service
The next update is
expected by 23/09/2021 04:00 pm or
as the situation changes.
Use multiple sources to
The following services can
help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in
other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to
call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of
hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National
Relay Service on 1800 555 677
and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.