Advice - Fire
Brumby, Cobberas, Suggan Buggan, Wulgulmerang, Wulgulmerang East, Gelantipy, Wulgulmerang West
1508555450000Yesterday at 2:10 PM
message is being issued for Brumby, Cobberas, Gelantipy, Suggan Buggan, Wulgulmerang, Wulgulmerang East, Wulgulmerang West
- There is a bushfire 40km North East of Benambera that is under control.
- The bushfire is approximately 20km North West of Suggan Buggan.
- Firefighters have stopped the spread of the fire and are currently patrolling.
- The fire is approximately 120ha in size
There is currently no threat to communities, but you should continue to stay informed and monitor conditions.
What you should do:
- Find information on protecting yourself and your family: www.cfa.vic.gov.au/plan-prepare/before-and-during-a-fire
Impacts in your area:
- Check the VicRoads website (traffic.vicroads.vic.gov.au/) for road closures.
- Check for local walking track and park closures at www.parkweb.vic.gov.au or by calling 131 963.
- Emergency Services will remain in the area.
This message was issued
by Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning
The next update is expected by 23/10/2017 03:20 pm or
as the situation changes.
- If you need
medical advice for burns or exposure to smoke, seek medical advice or call
Nurse on Call on 1300 606 024.
experiencing wheezing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing should call
- Smoke can affect people's health.
- People with heart or lung conditions (including asthma),
children, pregnant women and older people are more sensitive to the effects of
breathing in smoke.
- People with existing heart or lung conditions (including
asthma) should follow the treatment plan advised by the doctor.
- Via www.emergency.vic.gov.au.
- Tune in to ABC Local Radio,
commercial and designated community radio stations, or Sky News TV.
- Call the VicEmergency Hotline to talk to someone about preparedness on freecall 1800 226 226.
- People who are deaf, hard of
hearing, or who have a speech/communication impairment can contact VicEmergency Hotline via the National Relay Service on 1800 555 677.
- For help with English, call
the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to telephone VicEmergency Hotline. If you know someone who cannot speak English, provide them with this
- Download the VicEmergency app
or follow VicEmergency on Twitter (#vicfires) or Facebook.