Advice - Met
- Stay Informed
Murray River downstream of Tocumwal to Barham
1663817116000Last Thursday at 1:25 PM
Issued at 1:02 pm EST on Thursday 22 September 2022 Flood
Warning Number: 39
MINOR FLOODING OCCURRING FOR TORRUMBARRY WEIR AND
MOULAMEIN, POSSIBLE ALBURY.
The Murray River at Torrumbarry Weir is expected to
remain steady with minor flooding whilst an extended flood peak is at Barham,
where moderate flooding is occurring.
Flood waters from the Murray River combined with flood
waters from the Edward River may cause minor flooding at Wakool Junction early
Murray River downstream of Tocumwal to Barham:
- Minor is occurring along the Murray River downstream of
Tocumwal at Torrumbarry Weir.
- Moderate flooding is occurring at Barham.
- The Murray River at Torrumbarry Weir is likely to remain
around the minor flood level (7.30 m) into the first week of October.
- The Murray River at Barham may reach around 6.00 metres
mid next week with moderate flooding.
Stay informed - monitor your
local conditions and remain alert.
What you should do:
- Be prepared to act if your situation changes.
- You should stay informed by listening to emergency
broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
- Monitor weather forecasts and river levels online by visiting www.bom.gov.au/vic/warnings
- Floodwater is dangerous - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater.
Impacts in your area:
- High river levels may cause flooding in areas close to rivers and streams.
- Caravan parks and camping grounds may be flooded.
- Local roads may be closed and low bridges may be underwater.
- Consequences of flooding along the Murray River will vary between NSW and Victoria. For more information relevant to your area please check: www.ses.nsw.gov.au in New South Wales and www.emergency.vic.gov.au in Victoria.
This message was issued
by State Emergency Service
next update is expected by 26/09/2022 02:00 pm or as the situation changes.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.