Advice - Met
- Stay Informed
Murray River downstream of Barham to Wentworth
1663817321000Last Thursday at 1:28 PM
This Minor Flood Warning
is being issued for Murray River downstream of Barham to Wentworth
Issued at 1:02 pm EST on
Thursday 22 September 2022 Flood Warning Number: 39
The Murray River at
Torrumbarry Weir is expected to remain steady with minor flooding whilst an
extended flood peak is at Barham, where moderate flooding is occurring.
Flood waters from the Murray
River combined with flood waters from the Edward River may cause minor flooding
at Wakool Junction early October.
Murray River downstream of Barham to Wentworth:
- Minor flooding is possible along the Murray River at
- The Murray River at Wakool Junction may reach the minor
flood level (8.80 metres)in the first week of October.
Stay informed - monitor your
local conditions and remain alert.
What you should do:
- Be prepared to act if your situation changes.
- You should stay informed by listening to emergency
broadcasters and monitoring warnings.
- Review your emergency plan and check your emergency kit is fully stocked, if you have one.
- Monitor weather forecasts and river levels online by visiting www.bom.gov.au/vic/warnings
- Floodwater is dangerous - never drive, walk or ride through floodwater.
Impacts in your area:
- High river levels nay cause flooding in areas close to rivers and streams.
- Some agricultural land may be vulnerable to flooding. Farmers should consider moving livestock and machinery to higher ground.
- Consequences of flooding along the Murray River will vary between NSW and Victoria. For more information relevant to your area please check: www.ses.nsw.gov.au in New South Wales and www.emergency.vic.gov.au in Victoria.
This message was issued
by State Emergency Service
next update is expected by 26/09/2022 02:00 pm or as the situation changes.
Use multiple sources to stay informed:
The following services can help you, or someone you know, access information during an emergency.
- To access this information in other languages call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 (freecall) and ask them to call VicEmergency Hotline.
- If you are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech/communication impairment contact National Relay Service on 1800 555 677 and ask them to call the VicEmergency Hotline.