Welcome to VicEmergency, a centralised website for Victorians to find emergency information and warnings. You can also access preparedness and recovery information related to emergencies.
The website has a real-time Google Map display with incidents across the state including floods, storms, fires, earthquakes, tsunami, beach closures, shark sightings and more.
Remember, always access more than one source for emergency information and warnings.
You can get information by tuning in to ABC local radio, or other emergency broadcasters including radio or SKY News, by downloading the VicEmergency app, phoning the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 or following VicEmergency on Facebook or Twitter.
Please search the VicEmergency Knowlege Base for assistance with either the VicEmergency website or VicEmergency app.
Should you wish to log feedback or a bug report, please submit a support request.
Information displayed on this site has been sourced from the following agencies.
- Bureau of Meteorology (BoM)
- Country Fire Authority (CFA)
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD)
- Department of Environment, Land, Water & Planning (DELWP)
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Geoscience Australia
- Joint Australian Tsunami Warning Centre (JATWC)
- Life Saving Victoria (LSV)
- Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB)
- New South Wales Rural Fire Service (RFS)
- PowerCor Australia
- South Australian Country Fire Service (CFS)
- AusNet Services
- United Energy
- Victoria State Emergency Service (SES)